Turmeric Case Promotion
Learn about the advantages of Turmeric with Fenugreek Seed.
[Limited Time Offer] Buy a case and Receive Free Bottle(s)
Till August 31st, we are selling cases of Turmeric.
- Order 24 bottles and get 3 free
- Order 36 bottles and get 5 free
- Order 72 bottles and get 11 free
When you order a case, we will also provide merchandizing posters, price tags, and even train your staff (if you are within the Illinois Nutrition Consultants territory).
We are so excited about turmeric not only because it is a safe alternative to NSAIDS, but because its one of those products that has universal appeal. Studies have demonstrated that turmeric improves symptoms for inflammatory conditions, including arthritis and in type 2 diabetes (0.09–4 g/day). It improves fatigue, concentration, and anxiety from job-related stress (391 mg/day of curcuminoids). A study suggests, ” that curcumin may offer an alternative to NSAIDS for patients with OA seeking treatment but experiencing negative side effects.” 1, 2
Is Curcumin in Turmeric?
Yes, According to Dr. Weil, “Turmeric is derived from the rhizomes (underground stems) of the plant Curcuma longa, a member of the ginger family. … Curcumin, which has powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, is the most active constituent of turmeric, making up between two to six percent of this spice.”3
Curcumin gives Turmeric Forte a beautiful yellow color.
Turmeric vs. NSAIDS
Individuals that are taking NSAIDS experience pain relief after about an hour, but also experience significant gastrointestinal symptoms. Once a person is starting to experience liver or gastrointestinal issues on the NSAIDS, they will need to start to look for other options. Many are choosing turmeric. A review of turmeric from late 2017 said, “The analgesic effect of the dose achieved significance only 2 hours after administration, similar to that observed for acetaminophen. It may not be as fast acting, but way safer.” 5
Are you prepared to offer Turmeric in your clinic?
Turmeric Sales are Gaining Momentum
According to estimates by the Nutrition Business Journal:
- sales of turmeric in North America reached $196 million in 2015 with an increase of 20% over the previous year
- expected to reach $433 million by 2020.
- Turmeric was the best-selling ingredient in herbal medicine in 2016.
The Turmeric Forte from MediHerb is top-notch. It contains a 55:1 extract of the rhizome of the Tumeric root, but also a special extract of the fiber from Fenugreek Seed (galactomannans). It has a synergistic effect that extends the half-life of the curcuminoids, giving more than a 24-fold increase over using turmeric alone. 4
Case quantities come with a Yellow Point of Sale Cardboard stand with Trifold Brochures (upon request).
Right now it is the perfect time to start merchandising it in your clinic. When you promote a specific product and present it well, a few positive things can happen:
- Patients are creatures of habit, provide an easy way to remind them (before the grocery store or Amazon does) that they need a refill.
- You start conversations around products and conditions you did not know your patient had.
- Show confidence in your products.
- Create excitement in your business (for new or updated products).
- Create spontaneous purchases.
- Offer safe alternatives to NSAIDS.
This example uses a “Special Offer” pricing tag. What do you look for when making a buying decision?
How to Setup Your In-Office Turmeric Campaign
Running educational and product campaigns in your office doesn’t have to be hard or complex. A few well-placed items can do the trick.
- Place a poster, like our free “Improve Your Yield” example on your front door, pin board, or in a strategic location.
- Build a pyramid out of Turmeric bottles or place mounds of the product in baskets (like at Starbucks).
- Put a Price Tag on your basket or pyramid, like our “Special Offer” or “Pain Relief” examples.
- Have a Point of Sale Brochure holder and trifold brochures in the treatment room or waiting area.
- Train your staff to memorize and recite some of the stats about the product benefits, price, and facts (in case someone wants to learn more).
- If you give a recommendation and they are not ready to purchase, no problem, offer to send them some studies, and sign them up for your email list.
People like buying from abundance. Like Stacy says, “Build it high, let if fly (off the shelves)”. Also make sure that the patient know if you are offering a special price or promotion and when it will end.
Here is example of a “Special Offer” pricing tag, using a time sensitive, volume-based approach with a discount.
Here is another example of a “Pain Relief” pricing tag, using a more informative approach with no discount. Which do you like better?
Here is our example of our “Increase Your Yield” campaign door poster.
Place Your Case Order
Dr. Doris Compton Turmeric Webinar
Dr. Davis Brockenshire Turmeric Webinar
Contraindication and References:
Should not be given to patients taking antiplatelet or anticoagulant drugs. It can have a blood thinning effect because of the increased bioavailability of the curcumin when combined with the Fenugreek Seed Extract.
1. Mazzolani F, Togni S. Oral administration of a curcumin-phospholipid delivery system for the treatment of central serous chorioretinopathy: a 12-month follow-up study. Clin Ophthalmol. 2013; 7():939-45.
2. Di Pierro F, Rapacioli G, Di Maio EA, Appendino G, Franceschi F, Togni S. Comparative evaluation of the pain-relieving properties of a lecithinized formulation of curcumin (Meriva(®)), nimesulide, and acetaminophen. J Pain Res. 2013; 6():201-5.
3. https://www.drweil.com/vitamins-supplements-herbs/herbs/curcumin-or-turmeric/ Accessed 07/26/2018
4. John Cuomo, Giovanni Appendino, Adam S. Dern, Erik Schneider, Toni P. McKinnon, Mark J. Brown, Stefano Togni, and Brian M. Dixon. “Comparative Absorption of a Standardized Curcuminoid Mixture and Its Lecithin Formulation.” Journal of Natural Products 2011 74 (4), 664-669 DOI: 10.1021/np1007262
5. Hewlings, Susan J., and Douglas S. Kalman. “Curcumin: A Review of Its’ Effects on Human Health.” Foods 6.10 (2017): 92. PMC. Web. 27 July 2018.
We believe in bringing Plants to Practice through time-tested protocols, innovative educational programs, and by old-school relationship building.
We are the authorized Standard Process and MediHerb support team for Illinois. Click Here to find your local field rep by zip code or city.